- This event has passed.
RCA Rowayton River Ramble
July 13 at 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
RCA Rowayton River Ramble
Saturday, July 13, 11:00am-3:00pm (rain date, July 14th)
Saturday’s forecast is stunning and we are all looking forward to an unforgettable River Ramble 2019. This annual tradition brings our whole community together for a day of fun at one of the town’s most cherished landmarks, Pinkney Park. A huge thanks to all of you who have volunteered your time — and baking skills — to make this year’s event a success!
Don’t miss one of Rowayton’s most treasured events; the 49th annual River Ramble! This annual tradition brings our whole community together for a day of fun and festivity at one of the town’s most cherished landmarks, Pinkney Park.
A very special and a huge hand to our event sponsors: Community Cooperative Nursery School, Fairfield County Bank, Five Mile River Nursery School, Greens Farms Academy (GFA), Greens Ledge (!!), JoyRide, Laurel Road Bank, Maureen Bloom Playdates, Rowayton Gardeners and United Church Nursery School.
Live and Silent Auction!
Get ready to bid! Our annual silent and live auctions will feature items such as Yankees tickets, a Metro bike, beautiful artwork, jewelry, Jaté Yoga, Orange Theory, Osteo Strong, Bar Method, Venture Photography, local Charisse Photography, dining experiences from Rowayton Seafood, The Charles Underground, TOAST, Ten Twenty Post and others, Golf experiences, a special item from BMW of Darien, the infamous Golden Hanger from Michael’s Cleaners, Beer of the Week for a Year from Rowayton Wine Shop, and the Golden Cone from Brendan’s 101, to name just a few!
Things to Remember Before Saturday!
- Bring sunblock, bathing suits, and towels for your kiddos to enjoy the water slide.
- Don’t forget cash and credit cards to pick up our amazing new River Ramble t-shirts, tickets for food, drinks, and games, and 25+ vendors in our marketplace.
- We are going green. Plastic water bottles will no longer be sold at the beer tent. We will have reusable cups for sale or bring your water bottles.
- Joyride has some bikes set up for a riverside spin. Wear your athletic gear to take a ride!
- Parking will be available in the Old School Lot and the lot of the United Church of Rowayton.
We look forward to seeing you, and the rest of the town for River Ramble 2019!
River Ramble Committee
Ally Griffin (co-chair), Michelle Levi Noe (co-chair), Heather Drstvensek, Krissy Gutroff, Sue Powell, and Lynn Worland
Details About the Event
- Pony Rides and Petting Zoo
- Bouncy Castles, Water Slides, Hair and Face Painting
- Great Games for All Ages with Prizes
- Karate and Soccer
- The Always-Entertaining Dunk Tank
- Our Live and Silent Auctions Featuring One-of-a-Kind Items
- Famous Annual Raw Bar
- Bustling Grill with Hamburgers, Hotdogs, Corn and More
- Cold Beer, Wine, Water and Sodas
- JoyRide Spin Class on the River
- Great Music
- The River Ramble Marketplace with local vendors selling art, accessories, jewelry, gifts, and Rowayton logo gear.
In addition to being a fun-filled afternoon, the River Ramble is one of the RCA’s largest fundraisers and the proceeds from this event help to finance many of our other community events, including the Memorial Day Parade, Fireworks, Soccer, Summer Music Festival, Swim Races, Halloween Celebration, and the Nativity Pageant. Our fundraising activities also allow us to grant funds to our schools and other local non-profit groups. The Live and Silent Auction at the River Ramble are critical to this important fundraising event.