RCA Annual Appeal
Join your community and fight
for the future of RCA events.
Dear Fellow Rowaytonites,
In this year like none other, we can all agree on how grateful we feel to be living in Rowayton. Our town is the definition of community, and the Rowayton Civic Association is at its core. To cut to the chase, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the RCA was forced to cancel most of its big fundraisers — events whose success traditionally allowed us to host the following year’s events. While we have made up ground with our virtual River Ramble Auction and Rowayton Unwind, we still need to raise funds to commit to a full slate of events in 2021 and to continue to offer grants to local schools and organizations.
We are so grateful for what this town has already committed but need your help to reach our fundraising goals.
You probably know that…
- The RCA is a 100% volunteer run organization consisting of 25 individuals who dedicate their time and talents to put on Rowayton’s cherished events.
- This organization is responsible for the planning and producing of roughly twenty annual events.
- By living in Rowayton, you are automatically a member of the Rowayton Civic Association — and, we hope, a supporter.
- The generosity and support of our residents is the driving force behind the RCA’s ability to produce these events and programs.
You might not know that…
- Our mission extends beyond civic engagement into meaningful local philanthropy. Beyond the events, the RCA has a long tradition of providing annual grants to local schools. Last year the RCA granted over $43,000 back to local community organizations.
- Our Board is in strong support of offering additional grants this year but would need to reach a critical fundraising goal by year end to be in a position to do so. This year we will also prioritize grants to organizations disproportionately hit by the pandemic.
And, you need to know that none of this will happen next year without an exceptional fundraising campaign this fall.
If every Rowayton household donates, the RCA will be in a much stronger position heading into 2021. Please take a moment to give back to your town and your RCA. Click the “Donate” button at right, or you can also text the number 56651 and type in the keyword RCA.
Thank you, as always, for your commitment to this town and the Rowayton Civic Association. Your generosity is everything.
Heather Drstvensek, President RCA