RCA Summer Highlights
Rowayton Rambled on July 9th
Scents of hot dogs and hamburgers filled the air on July 9th along the Five Mile River for the 46th Annual River Ramble. It was a great fun day! We celebrated the true spirit of Rowayton with food, fun, laughter and a successful auction. All this activity plus live music!
For kids young and old there wasn’t a lack of action with the petting zoo, face painting, spectacular bounce games and slides and the ever-popular dunk tank. Local merchants and artisans shared their handmade and artistic impressions for all to enjoy.
A special thanks to our friends, neighbors and merchants who donated their time, energy and enthusiasm to keep the fun going all afternoon. The event was an overwhelming success with the help of over one hundred volunteers of all ages. Our gratitude goes out to each and every one of you – we couldn’t have pulled it off without you. We would like to note some of our special Rowaytonites who truly made the day a memorable one:
- Mark Sattler and his Grill Masters – Matt Manley and Ben Bresnahan – for keeping everyone well fed and Ian King who helped Mark with food and supplies. This was a great team effort supported by a large group of talented and enthusiastic volunteers!
- Chris Shaw and Bucky Taylor, for manning the Raw Bar and the entire ‘shucker’ team – Jay Sequeria, Bill Lindeblad, Matt Malichio and Kerry McFarlin. And special thanks to Robert Griffith for donating his oysters and Mid State Shellfish for donating clams!
- “The Beer Boys,” – thanks Paul Curtin, Chris Sovak and team – Howard Courtemanche, Doug Ambrose, Andy Meyerson, Dave Savona, Tim Galu, Jimmy Coale, Don Nash, Martin Yallop, Ian King, Andy Merrill and Bob Duff – for pulling together to keep a great variety of suds flowing all day long and making certain nobody left the Ramble parched. Also, special thanks go to Rowayton Wines for their donations.
- Heather Drstvensek, for organizing the Kids Games and putting smiles on hundreds of little faces.
- Pat Brasher for an amazing vendor show.
- Brendan McGee for providing our sound system for the auction and music.
- Andy Meyerson, our Auctioneer and RCA President, who captured everyone’s attention and kept the bidding going up, up, up! Thanks to Rachel Maletesta for preparing all the auction items.
- Special thanks to Todd Deklyn and the Rowayton Fire Department and Ed Carlson.
- Frani Taylor and Lynn Worland for co-chairing the event and the hours spent before, during and after to make it enjoyable for all.
In addition to being one of our most fun-filled events, the River Ramble is one of the RCA’s largest fundraisers and finances many of our community events including the Fireworks, Soccer Program, Swim Races and Halloween Celebration, to name a few. We look forward to seeing you again next year, so mark your calendars for July 8th, 2017!
The 2016 River Ramble wouldn’t have been a success without the support of our extended community. A HUGE thank you to the following who helped make this year’s event one of the most successful on record!
Special thanks to all our very generous Auction donors…
Barton & Gray
Brooks Brothers Darien
Community Cooperative Nursery School
Dave and Manuela Savona
David Emberline Studio
Dunne & Tighe Interiors
Frani and Bucky Taylor
Fredric & Co
Grapes Wine of Norwalk
Jennifer Buckman Yoga
Joseph Warren Sr.
Lanphier Day Spa
New England Institute for Neurology and Headache
Norwalk Yacht Club
Nu Beginning Medispa
Restaurant at Rowayton Seafood
Rowayton Volunteer Fire Department
Rowayton Wine Shop
Rowayton Yacht Club at Hickory Bluff
Sedona Tap House
Sky Zone Trampoline Park
SoNo Field House
SoNo Ice House
Tucci Lumber Company
Vermont Good Wood
Whiteman Sports Camp
Williams and Company
Wusthof Outlet Store
And a HUGE thank you to the numerous volunteers who helped with the food tent, kid’s games, auctions, ticket sales, set up and clean up, as well as the Whitney family for Gay’s Cake Walk. And, last but not least, all the RCA Board Members for their continued support and commitment to the community!
Last | Next