Saturday, October 6, 2018
Rowayton Community Center
On October 6th, Munich makes a return visit to the Rowayton Community Center for the Sixth Annual Oktoberfest Fundraiser. Grab your lederhosen and press your dirndl, and come join us for a festive evening of German food, music and bier.
The event kicks off with the ceremonial tapping of the kegs, then we’ll enjoy German fare such as bratwurst, roasted chicken, a roasted pig, hashed potatoes, and thick pretzels. Ice cold Spaten will be served in custom RCA steins with crisp Spätburgunder, buttery Chardonnay and sparkling soda available as alternatives.
We’ll dance and sing “Ein Prosit” into the night before the dance floor evolves into a flash mob dance party to cap off the night. This will be the Rowayton event of the season.
RCA Oktoberfest FAQs
Thinking of going? The following provides details for the event.
1. Do I have to wear traditional German garb? No, not a requirement but would add to the festive atmosphere.
4. What kind of food will be served?
- beer braised bratwurst in cabbage
- roasted chicken
- pork shank
- roasted potatoes
- autumn vegetable medley
- field greens
- black breads
- apple strudel
5. What type of beverages? Bavarian Style Beer, Soda, Water
6. What does the event raise funds for? The event raises funds for the RCA, which is a non-profit organization organized exclusively to bring about civic betterment, further the common good and enhance the social welfare of the Rowayton community. The RCA organizes many events in town such as the Easter Egg Hunt, Memorial Day Parade, July 4th Fireworks,Summer Music Festival, Halloween Party, Holiday Lights, and Nativity Pageant. The RCA also offers grants to Rowayton organizations such our Elementary, Middle and High Schools, the Little League, and the Library. The Oktoberfest is one of three annual fundraisers.
7. Are children allowed to attend? This is a 21 and over party since alcohol will be present.