Bayley Beach Parking Permits
Walk-In Permits Issued
at Community Center
Saturday, May 13, 9:00am-noon
Monday, May 15, 6:00-9:00pm
Parking permits will be required upon entering Bayley Beach on May 27, 2017 and thereafter through September 15, 2017. Application forms will be available from April 1, 2016. You may download the form from www.rowayton6td.com (Please click on Bayley Beach). Applications will also be available at Rowayton Library, Rowayton Market, and Rowayton Hardware and may be mailed in with the required documentation. Please note: There will be a $25 late fee for all applications postmarked after June 7, 2017.
You may bring your Bayley Beach Permit applications to be process in person at a venue to be announced later – probably on the Community Center grounds – on Saturday, May 13, 9:00am-12 noon or on Monday evening, May 15 from 6:00-9:00pm.
Rowayton Railroad Annual Permit Renewals
The Railroad permitting process is now going to be done online and all current permit holders will be notified by email about the changes. The information will be on the District website as well at www.rowayton6td.com.
A note from Fire Marshal Ed Carlson
- Check to see if your heating system has been serviced within the last 12 months.
- Chimneys should be cleaned and inspected every 12 months or sooner depending on how much they are used.
- Be sure not to leave candles unattended during a power outage. They are a leading cause of fire in a home.
- If you have a fireplace, does it have a screen or door to catch sparks?
- Space heaters need to be at least three feet away from walls and combustible items.
- Test your smoke alarms every month and change the batteries, spring and fall.
- Practice your fire escape plan with your family. If you do not have a plan, it’s a good time to start one.
- Install smoke detectors on every level and in every sleeping area.
- It is recommended that you have a CO detector on the main and sleeping level (s) of your home.
Within the past year I have seen a number of homes in Rowayton that do not have working smoke or CO detectors in the residence. As your Fire Marshal this is a great concern of mine. If you need assistance in installing them or have questions regarding the placement of detectors, please call me at 203-854-6666 ext. 2.
The Rowayton Fire Department
Have you ever considered joining our all-volunteer fire department? Not only do they always welcome additional firefighters, but you can always help as a driver, radio operator or in other functions. Rowayton’s all-volunteer department keeps our property taxes about 10% lower than they would be if we had a paid department. Training is ongoing so you can join at any time of the year. The fire department is always looking for new recruits. Call Chief DeKlyn at (203) 515-9743 for more information.