RCA Summer Highlights
on July 8th!
On July 8th Pinkney Park, situated along the Five Mile River, was filled with joy and laughter during the 47th Annual River Ramble. We celebrated the true spirit of Rowayton with great food, fantastic music, and good old fashion fun! A main highlight of this year’s River Ramble was the incredible energy at the live auction.
Throughout the day, kids enjoyed winning prizes, getting their faces painting, visiting the petting zoo, eating ice cream and jumping in the spectacular bounce houses. As always, the dunk tank line was full! Local merchants and artisans shared their handmade and artistic impressions for all to enjoy!
We would like to thank our friends, neighbors and merchants who donated their time, energy and enthusiasm.
The day was an overwhelming success due to the help of over one hundred volunteers of all ages. We are very appreciative of the support of this year’s River Rambles sponsors, Maureen Bloom Playdates and Rand Insurance. Our gratitude goes out to everyone who pitched in – we couldn’t have pulled it off without you. We would like to note some of our special Rowaytonites who truly made the day a memorable one:
• Ian King and Mark Sattler and their Grill Masters, Matt Manley, Ben Bresnahan and Tom Luthy, who coordinated all the food and fed everyone at the event. This was a great team effort supported by a large group of talented and enthusiastic volunteers!
• Bucky & Frani Taylor and Chris Shaw, for manning the Raw Bar and the entire ‘shucker’ team – Jay Sequeria, Bill Lindeblad, Kerry Mcfarlan, Ted Mcfarlan, Frank Schlater, John Pullan and Philip Meese. And special thanks to Rowayton Seafood Market for donating oysters and Mid State Shellfish for donating clams!
• “The Beer Boys,” – Thanks to Paul Curtin, Chris Sovak and team – Howard Courtemanche, Doug Ambrose, Andy Meyerson, Dave Savona, Tim Galu, Jimmy Coale, Don Nash, Martin Yallop, Ian King and Andy Merrill – for pulling together a great selection of beers and ensuring a good time was had by all. Also, special thanks to Rowayton Wines, Half Full Brewery and Spiked Seltzer for their donations.
• Brendan McGee for providing the auction and music sound system.
• Andy Meyerson, our Auctioneer and RCA President, who captured everyone’s attention and kept the bidding going for all 13 live auction items! Thanks for also making your incredible pulled pork again this year!
• Big thanks to Todd Deklyn and the Rowayton Fire Department and Ed Carlson.
• Kate Hinnant for working with the RCA River Ramble team leading up to and during the event.
• Special thanks to the RCA River Ramble team – Lynn Worland, Allyson Griffin, Jennifer Malichio and Heather Drstvensek for all the time and effort they put in to make the event a day to remember for the entire community.
In addition to being one of our most fun-filled events, the River Ramble is one of the RCA’s largest fundraisers and finances many of our community events including the Fireworks, Soccer Program, Swim Races and Halloween Celebration, to name a few. We look forward to seeing you again next year, so mark your calendars for July 14th, 2018!
The 2017 River Ramble wouldn’t have been a success without the support of our extended community. A HUGE thank you to the following who helped make this year’s event one of the most successful on record!
Special thanks to all our very generous Auction donors…
Barton & Gray
Breathe – Rebecca White
Brooks Brothers Darien
Community Cooperative Nursery School
Cowabunga Food Truck – Ben Boger
Darien Sport Shop
Dave and Manuela Savona
Frank White & Susan Mansfield
Fredric & Co
Grapes Wine of Norwalk
Greens Ledge Light Preservation Society/
Greenwich Food & Wine Festival
Joseph Warren Sr.
Lanphier Day Spa
Laura Kaehler Architects LLC
Magical Memories Entertainment
Maureen Bloom Playdates
Packer Soccer Camp
Posh Spa & Nails
Rand Insurance – Meredith Bach
Restaurant at Rowayton Seafood
Ron and Donna Sylvestri
Ron Sylvestri Jr.
Rowayton Barber Shop
Rowayton Civic Association
Rowayton Volunteer Fire Department
Rowayton Yacht Club at Hickory Bluff
Sails Bar & Grill
Salt Walter Restaurant & Bar
Sea Glass Fine Art Photography
Sedona Tap House
Stem + Co
Summit Golf Brands – Patrick Kiely
Thomas Fallon Photography
Town House Darien
Vermont Good Wood
Whiteman Sports Camp
Wusthof Outlet Store
203 – The Two Oh Three
And a HUGE thank you to the numerous volunteers who helped with the food tent, kid’s games, auctions, ticket sales, set up and clean up, as well as the Whitney family for Gay’s Cake Walk.
And, last but not least, all the RCA Board Members for their continued support and commitment to the community!